As soon as the shows finish, the fashion journalists and buyers are busy collating all the information and images they've taken in over the previous four weeks to put together their wishlists. For the buyers they have a few weeks to focus on what collections they felt were particularly strong and what looks to back when it comes to spending their fashion dollars. For the journalists they have deadlines looming to ensure their readers are up-to-date with whichever editorial vision they are going to present to the public.
Here at Lovett & Co, we've already got our Autumn stories sorted and Rachel is busy designing gorgeousness around them. We'll give you some sneaky peaks when we're a bit closer to booking them, but in the meantime here's a countdown of the key items:
1. Brooches. Brooches popped up on several catwalks and looked lovely pinned to all manner of things but particularly onto...
2. Berets. It's been a while since the humble beret had any fashion clout, but when Marc by Marc Jacobs shows them,followed by Paul & Joe and the might of Gucci, you know you're onto something big. Particularly if you add a brooch to it!
3. A white polo-neck. You'll definitely need one of these for layering up.
4. Birds and feathers. Expect to see these on lots of things, particularly maribou and ostrich.
5. A Wes Anderson style headband, either sporty as seen at the shows or pretty and sequinned for something a little more demure and pretty.
6. Lots of white. White always looks fab in the summer when it's off-set with a tan but it also looks good in the winter months as outerwear, knitwear and also as a finishing touch on jewellery. Opalised and AB finished stones will be adding a lift to any outfit. It's always a good time to sparkle!
7. Small gold stars also popped up and look good individually as earring studs, or strung together on a necklace.
8. The marsala colour we first mentioned a while back will have hit critical mass by Autumn. Burgundy and garnet stones will look fresh and make a welcome change from the usual jet and sapphire. Don't forget to mix them with opal and AB stones to lift any look (I know we will be!)