Wimbledon got underway this week and although we wish all the British athletes well of course, our eyes immediately turned to the on court fashion.
Wimbledon is the oldest tennis tournament in the World and has been held at the All England Club since 1877. It's one of four Grand Slams (the others being the Australia Open, the US Open and the French Open), and is the only one still played on grass.
Its official colours are dark green and purple, however players are required to wear all white. Their requirements include:
- No solid mass of colouring
- Little or no dark or bold colours
- No fluorescent colours
- Preference towards pastel colours
- Preference for the back of the shirt to be totally white
- Preference for shorts and skirts to be totally white
- All other items of clothing, including hats, socks and shoe uppers to be predominantly white
Yikes, no wonder the fashion conscious stars want to be dressed by Stella McCartney for Adidas (Caroline Wozniacki)!